Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hospitality or Clever Scheme to Maintain Skinny Status?

Officially, I have lost 20lbs since December. Woopee!! However, I'm still not even close to where I want to be. I lost those initial 20lbs and then plateaued. Of course, I'm so glad to be where I am, but I also don't want to stay here ANY LONGER!!! Time to move forward.

My current diet is sort of a modified Atkins. I don't actually know the full Atkins, I've never read into or anything. All I know is that it takes out carbs and makes you eat a lot of meat..which some girls enjoy. But I personally just don't think it's a good idea to completely eliminate carbs as they have many important functions in your body: Give you energy, regulate sugar in your bloodstream, and provide nutrients for the bacteria in your intestinal tract that help digest food (and keep things regular). The fabulous Tyra Banks had her nutritionist on her get yo shape in shape episode the other day and that helped me plan my diet. I am trying to only eat carbs one meal a day, which is reasonable I think. EXCEPT being Korean. Korean people (well...most Asian people in general) eat mostly rice.

So today, I made a wonderful chicken salad sandwich (sandwich=bread=carbs=my one serving). Afterwards I went to visit a friend who's helping me with my Korean speaking abilities. In true Korean hospitality, she offered me food, starting with watermelon and ending with version of fried rice. She offered the fried rice and I told her no thank you--she then offered ice cream and beer...again, no thank you. Then she made a plate of fried rice for me. BAHH! Carbs.

Now I love this girl (and all hospitable Koreans) so I'm not saying anything bad about her. It's simply in her nature. Now being on the chubby side, I have also noticed that people automatically feed you in proportion to your size. I do not approve. It should be the opposite, instead of feeding heavy people more and skinny people less, we should be feeding heavy people less and skinny people more! Balance us out! Or! Here's an idea, feed people what you would feed yourself! Unless you're a fat kid who devours anything in sight.

So now...off to balance out carbs and calories and stuff myself with delicious protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment