To steal from one of my (embarrassingly) favorite movies, when we were 8 they asked us what we wanted to be and we said things like astronaut, fireman and in my case a veterinarian...Now that we're [24] they're asking us again. And this time they want a serious answer. (Okay, so I modified it a little). They asked me when I was 21, fresh out of college. And I said, a publishing professional. They said, "Why don't you teach? Why don't you join the military?" Now, at 24, they're asking again.
This time my answer is, "I have no clue." What am I supposed to do with the rest of my life?
"What's your plan?" "What are you going to do?" "Do you have a time frame?"
I don't have a plan. I'm not ready to bust my butt job hunting. I have no idea what I'm going to do and no I don't have a time frame. Leave me alone. Geez, it's not like I got fired, or anything.
I tried to plan my life and it failed, so I give up planning. I'm going to let life happen and just enjoy the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment