In my jobless state, I have been helping out a friend of my mom's on base working one of those semi embarrassing vendor carts. Today was somewhat eventful...but not really. I finished the book I was reading, Juliet, Naked. It was funny at times and thought provoking, but not intense or really the kind of book that magically sucks you in and you can't put it down. Not that I'm saying it was a dull read or anything, I really enjoyed it.
So, I'm sitting at this booth, next to the GNC store, so of course, there's a shirtless hot man with a perfect body staring at me. (He was an ad for muscle vitamins or something). And I'm surrounded by a delicious sea of uniformed men. I don't know what it is about a man in uniform, but it's...very nice. I think it's more the idea of what's underneath for me. I can only hope...for securities sake...that the bodies under those uniforms match the poster that stared at me all day...(ok, the poster that I stared at all day). I wore my new blue dress that hugs my curves (which I unfortunately have an abundance of)..but my outfit was a lot more mature and covered than the girls working the other booths...goodness. The things people...girls...wear!! So needless to say, no hot military men hit on me :( which made me quite sad. Luckily I have several more chances to work on my flirtation abilities and my "come hither" look. In college I had that look down and could stop a pair of baby blues where they stood...Not any more.
But I did acquire a phone number from a male caller. He was working one of the other booths and came over to talk to me (while his coworker was away, mind you. His very scantily dressed coworker who kept giving me the stink eye even though she was the one in stockings...no dress or long shirt to cover..just straight up stockings...as in she forgot to wear pants.) He chatted for a minute or two about what kind of car I drive, what I do (in my case, did) outside of the vendor cart, if I had a boyfriend, where I'm from, what I do for fun, etc. Finally he ended with the very chivalrous, "well, after work I'm gonna go have a drink at my place, and you could stop by...You can only have one drink though, I mean, I know you gotta drive." And then as I was leaving, he slipped me his number just like a common prostitute and told me to call him tomorrow. Real charmer, huh? That seems to be how my luck with men goes...in a sea of delicious hot uniformed men, I get the non-uniformed man who wants a drunken booty call.
And then, to end the day, I spilled hot coffee on myself, while eavesdropping on two other (married) men talking about the good old days hitting on hot girls (while conveniently checking me out)... Dang married men.
No comments:
Post a Comment