Tuesday, May 17, 2011

One Out of One Thousand

So, as it turns out, my adventure blog is turning more into a reasons why I'm single blog. Back to my online dating site, after my parents strong suggestion I changed my profile picture to a "normal" photo as my mom likes to say. I've gotten a lot more interest based on this new photo, and a lot more variety, so perhaps it is me! And it was a bad picture. Who knew?

But, alas, as the story of my life continues to unfold as it has for 24 years, the variety is still not quite what I'm looking for. There's one guy that's persistent. He emailed me, so I took a look at his profile...he's 20 years my senior. So I ignored it. He emailed again, after having seen that I checked out his profile. Hmm...most people see that if someone looks at your profile and doesn't say anything means that they didn't like what they saw.

And then, there's one that I did quite enjoy. He's checked me out a few times now, but nothing. So..I have to assume, based on what I just said, that he doesn't like what he's seen. Sad. And being somewhat old fashioned, I refuse to be the one to make the first move. And perhaps, he's not a true believer in the online dating community (like I claim to be) and doesn't have access to all the shnazzy benefits.

Now, for real life. My delightful father instructed me on how to identify a captain, as apparently those are the military men I should be seeking. My dad really wants me to marry for status...for the financial stability. And as a girl, of course, I want a man who can take care of me...but I also want a man to love...regardless of money or status. So...I was checking out all the goods yesterday on base, working my random embarrassing cart, and trying to see identify the insignia. I couldn't quite see it. And spent a good four hours looking at uniforms. But it apparently gave me a better flirt face, and didn't make me so mean.

And my mom...the ever loving, trying to help lady that she is, was speaking with her coworker who is apparently going to the military ball with her husband. So my mom is trying to procure me a ticket to go as well...to meet random single military men. She's a funny one, that mother of mine.

But really...my man hunt is not without reason. Yes..I'm tired of being single, and of course want to be in love (as most women do) and I have always been a bit more boy crazy than usual, but the big reason is that I want my grandmother...my only living grandparent to be present at my wedding...and I'm scared she's not going to make it much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment