Holy Margarine, I leave in 4 days. It's so close, but it still doesn't feel real. I think it will hit me when I land at ICN and no one is speaking English anymore. My mom bought her ticket and I'm so excited she's going with me now, except she's not actually going with me. Because of the price of tickets, she's flying the next day and will meet me there. I'm kind of glad she won't be on the same flight, it makes me feel a little more like a grown up and less like a baby who needs her mommy--but I'm sad she's flying on a completely different day because that means I still have to figure everything out when I land on my own. How am I going to get around?? I'm hoping my cousin will find a way to meet me at the airport!
This past weekend was probably the best last weekend in the States. I went to Charleston to celebrate my friends birthday and it was just such an outrageous weekend. We had an 80s themed night on Friday. I randomly met a fellow KB which was nuts, I think. Of all the parties in the world...The next night we went to this cute little restaurant and then out for drinks. We were all kind of in recovery and the birthday girl was the only one drinking...and I felt bad so I made sure the drinks kept coming...and she got nice a plastered.
I was at the bar ordering her a drink, which was kind of ridiculous because people were just standing at the bar and kept giving me these nasty looks when I would try to squeeze in to order. I finally make my way in, and the bartender ignores me--typical. So the guy next to me gets the bartenders attention and then asks me what I want. He was so nice, and I think he was going to buy my drinks, but when I tell him my drink order (a captain/sprite and a shot of rumplemintz) he gives me a look of "Holy...you're freakn insane and NEVERMIND." He orders my drinks for me and then sort of makes a run for it. It made me chuckle.
All in all it was a good weekend. Charleston always makes me want to live near the water, it's such an awesome town.
FOUR DAYS!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment