So today is day 3 in Korea, Day 1 at work. My job seems kind of easy, but difficult at the same time. There's no set curriculum, and the class is a speaking class. All I have to do is come up with a topic and then have my class discuss it. My schedule isn't that great, however. I will be working 6:30-11am, then again from 6-10pm monday through Friday, then 10-1 on Saturday. That break in the middle is nice, but the early mornings and late nights are going to be kind of awful.
I had to have my photo taken today in a Korean photo studio. I thought that was neat. They use photoshop to touch up everything, but don't ask you whether you want it or not. So he cleared up my face and then made my face smaller. It was kind of awesome.
I also got to see my apartment..well, not my apartment, one of the apartments in my building. And I helped someone move today...very interesting first day! The apartments are small...really small...but very updated. The bathroom even has a shower stall with a door, which is quite impressive. There's a lot of closet space and a washer machine where the dishwasher should be. However, I think that it will be quite dirty when I get there. They don't clean anything...and they don't require the previous tenant to clean, and since my previous (/current) tenant is a man..I kind of assume it may not be pretty.
Dang this JETLAG. My mom is quite affected as well. She started to fall asleep, and then laid down and was passed out within seconds, which is where I'm about to be in about 2 minutes!
No comments:
Post a Comment