I found out today that I'm completely broke until I get my first paycheck (in a month and half). That is TERRIFYING. God is teaching me trust like none other.
In my brokeness I realized that I didn't have a suitcase..and suitcases are not cheap! I have a matching suitcase set, but of the four pieces, 2 are broken, and the 4th piece is a tiny miniature duffel bag. Luckily, the one piece of the set that is still usable is the largest one. And I have a Nike duffel that I can take with me. So, I barreled through my mom's house looking for luggage. I thought we had some old fashioned craziness in the storage room, but apparently my dad is using that nonsense.
However, I rummaged through my brother's closet--which since he doesn't live here, being a married man and all, is mainly just boxes. But there was a suitcase in there! A big suitcase! Which brings my grand total to 2 suitcases, 1 duffel, a carry on luggage and a carry on bag. I think I can fit my entire life into 5 bags.
I'm starting to get excited about going. It feels like it's starting to become a reality. And I hate waiting.
I also really wish I was wealthy. I looked up what the first class looks like on the airline. They have these sleeper seats that are amazing. You have your own little cocoon seat that lays all the way back down so you can essentially have a bed. WHY oh why am I poor??
No comments:
Post a Comment