Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 2, TGIF

Today was kind of challenging, but I think in a good way...maybe. I have discovered that my method of teaching is not exactly respected here. Korean's are very scientific when it comes to their approach to learning, so creative thought isn't accepted or understood. And as a creative writing major, I wanted to implement some of that creative element into my classes, and well I learned this morning that for most of my classes, that's a failure. Only 1 class took to it, and that was my class with the two ladies. They're really funny and very well educated, and speak English very well. All of my other students are business people, which surprised me. I expected to have some university students. I have 1 class of middle school/high school every other day, but that's it! That class is going to be rough, it's 2 hours instead of 1, so I have to figure out what to do with them!

Embarrassing story of the day. My second class of the morning is just 1 lady, and she's really friendly, but (I've noticed--maybe it's just me, but the ladies are often very forthcoming with their personal issues, i.e. marriage problems) she's a little sad I think. So today she was a little late, and I waited for her to show up. My stomach has been a smidge uncomfortable lately, I'm not sure why...but it was really bad today and yesterday. When I thought she wasn't going to show up to class, I packed up my bag and let one rip before turning to walk out the door. Before I got to the door, she rushes in! And it was SMELLY. So, I quickly pulled out my super delicious Vic. Secret lotion and slathered it on to cover the smell. She didn't seem like she noticed with was awesome.

My mom has gone south to visit her brother (and has taken my phone with her!), so I am on my own. It's kind of nice because my agenda is completely mine, but of course, I'm a little scared since I don't speak the language!

Korean fashion: Mullets, acid wash jeans, perms and highwaters are in style...but that's just the men.

I really miss my buddy. It's more that I miss him though. I'm really sad for him right now. I think when he goes back to my mom's house he'll be much better, but right now from what I'm hearing his behavior is breaking my heart, because as his mom I know he's really sad. He normally adjusts really well to new places, but I'm always with him in new situations. So, I think he's scared and he feels abandoned. And I don't like it. I don't like being away from him. And I KNOOOOOW he's just a cat.

*EDIT*
I feel so much better now! <3 exercise and "fresh" air...the air is not exactly fresh here...pollution and all. Eddie took me for a mini hike, we walked up to the wall (the fortress wall from my previous post) and we walked the entire perimeter of the wall. It was beautiful...SUPER hot, but gorgeous. And my back really hurts now, but the endorphins have kicked in and I feel much better than I did this morning. He's been great, though. Really helpful and friendly...though I think I talk a lot about stupid things and sometimes worry about that scaring people away, but oh well, I am who I am and who I am is who I am. :) It's too late to change now!

No comments:

Post a Comment