Fun stuff that happened to me today:
Met a new friend (she's a friend of a friend) and has been here for a while. I <3 her already. She's awesome and it was SOOOOOOSOSOSOSOSOOOOOOO nice to get in some westerner girl time. I miss my girlfriends! We went to Gangnam (pronounced G-AHH-NG--N-AAHH-M not gang nam) in Seoul. It's cool, very urban, lots of shopping. I bought some skin food nail polish and got a free face mask sample! I had a choice of a lot of samples, but everything was like skin lightening products to make oneself whiter (Asian vampire, remember?)
The bus back was really difficult to find because there's a ton of construction, and I wasn't the only one confused. As I was standing in line waiting for the bus, a girl comes up to me and in Korean asks "Does bus 3000 stop here?" And she asked before looking at me, and I answered, "3000? Yes, it is here" in Korean. But theeeeen she looked at my face and realized I'm not Korean...even though I clearly just spoke Korean haha! And so she asked again...this time with hand motions. And once again I said, "Yes. It is here. It just came." And she said thank you, went back to her friend super embarrassed and they laughed about it. WEIRD.
Finally got on the bus, and rode quietly the entire way home. It's only about a 30 minute ride which is really nice. I always think it's going to take like an hour. Then, at my stop, I hop up and try to scan my card (because remember you have to scan when you get on and off the bus?)...and it didn't work. This happens to me a lot for some reason or another, so I waited, scanned again and then went to step off and fell, right on my butt in front of my own apartment. Super embarrassing..but since I'm used to my awkward clumsiness I kind of burst out laughing and moved on without making eye contact with anyone. Wonderful, wonderful stuff this being clumsy.
Fun fact: Korean's live in a Korean Drama (A.K.A soap opera). They go on these amazingly cheesy dates where they do something typical, dinner or dessert or drinks...and they'll share dinner or dessert or have one beer each and just sip it. Then they stare lovingly into each others eyes and let the entire world melt away. If they've been dating for a while, they'll reach across the table and hold hands. Everything is extremely PG. Today, while I was waiting for my bus, I watched a couple say goodbye as he put her on the bus (a city bus, meaning she lives like down the street...not far away at all) and she took a window seat and wiped away one lone tear as he waved at her from the street. With love in her eyes, she watched him standing alone on the corner as the bus pulled away. Seriously....Seriously?!? And they have this sort of behavior until they get married (which is usually a very short time period) and then they have miserable lives that they complain to their English teacher about...true story.
No comments:
Post a Comment