Today was kind of an interesting day. I started out not knowing what time I had to work, and then realized how unorganized things can be. I got to work, and didn't know what class I was teaching or where it was! And the Saturday class is 3 hours long, soooo...wow. I ended up with 3 people in class 2 women and 1 man. The guy kept checking out my goods and it made me a little uncomfortable because in that setting, I'm not quite sure what to do about that situation! But other than that the class went alright, I felt like I actually managed the time well, and they were very good at having conversations even if I wasn't necessarily leading it. However, I think that the man and one woman had some serious issues with each other because she's more liberal and modern whereas he's very conservative and they really bumped heads a lot.
Then, I had lunch and cleaned and took a nap and was pretty bored for a while. Luckily Eddie came over and we went for a nice long walk. I think hanging out with him is going to be good for my health, he seems very outdoorsy and healthy so that's nice for me! We walked to this random stream which is really pretty and that led us to a lake and a park and it was wonderful. It'll be a great place to go running before the weather goes sour. He also pointed out the redlight district when we walked passed it...two streets over from mine, awesome.
The street behind my house is really neat, it's called Rodeo [Row-Day-Oh] (like Rodeo Drive in L.A. not like the rodeo with cowboys and bulls). But it's really busy and full of restaurant and bars and street vendors. Today they were selling (?) little baby bunnies wearing jackets. TOOOOOO cute!
And kids in Korea drive their bikes or hotwheels like their parents are stereotyped to drive their cars...sooo, needless to say, little kids run me off the sidewalk on a daily basis. It's kind of a thing here that pedestrians really don't matter, so bikers (bicyclers, motorcyclers and mopeders) will run you off the street and then look at you like "How DARE you be walking on MY sidewalk?!?" because yes, they drive on the sidewalk. And the kids give you the same look. Craziness. I often wonder if maybe they do it on purpose to me because I'm a foreigner, or if they do it everyone haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment