Yesterday...oh yesterday.
I had to go to the immigration office (AGAIN, second day in a row) to file for my foreigner ID card. Wow. Worst experience ever. I had to wait, with Judy, for 4 hours. Holy Margarine. Not fun. We literally passed out in the waiting room...drool and all. Finally when they called our number, we presented my paperwork and the lady informed Judy that it was incorrect because the policy had changed like yesterday (which was also why we had to wait such a long time). Judy asked the lady why she wasn't informed or there wasn't any sort of signage about the policy change, and the ladies response was "That's not our responsibility to inform you. You should have checked online." Judy was pissed. She's done this several times with the other foreign teachers so she usually doesn't check the policy. I had to take a new picture, instead of the one I had already taken. The one I already took (and paid for) was ok, not great, but not terrible. I could live with it (and they had photoshopped my face to be smaller!). The picture on my foreinger ID card has my hair completely pulled back--which in turn makes my face look super round and I wasn't allowed to smile. Worst picture EVER.
This morning my co worker accidentally slept in and I had to add his morning class to mine, making my class a total of 11 people. This is CROWDED for my hagwan and it made me a little nervous. My class was pretty upset about it as well. My class is advanced and his is pre advanced, so I tried to cater to his class a little and my class was very offended by it. Literally, "We're not middle schoolers." Uhh..ok...you're also not the only ones in class (these are full grown adults too haha!) And we were reading an article outloud and my class read completely first...so we were sitting at a round table..well rectangle and my class was sitting 2 on each side closest to me and the rest of the class was behind them. The reading usually just goes around and my class, to ensure they were taken care of, instead of reading fully around the table, one lady cut off another from Eddie's class, and just started reading and so all of my class read and then Eddie's class got to jump in. Geez louise. Sharing is caring people. But I suppose they just want to make sure they get the education they're paying for!
This weekend..or rather this upcoming Monday is Chuseok, Korean Thanksgiving. So that should be pretty interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment