My yoga instructor (the one that's the size of my left leg), has decided that my body is capable of doing things that it just...can't. She'll call out a pose..and then come over to me to try to push my body further into it (so it's "correct"), and she'll push and push...and to no avail. My body just simply doesn't bend like that...yet(?). And she's really nice but she keeps telling me how difficult it is, I wonder if she's hinting at the fact that I should try another class...maybe the beginner level? I'm enjoying the challenge though. I have to physically stop myself from being self conscious though. When it's just me, I feel ok. But then I see these itsy bitsy middle school sized Korean women walk in and I start to feel like a giant. I mean, I'm short, I think, and I TOWER over these ladies! And I'm a smidge of a chubbawub...so I literally feel like YogiGodzilla.
And my body hurts...a lot. I've been to the gym every day this week as well. My plan is for the first like 2-3 weeks (maybe until my birthday), to just kind of beat my body into submission. It's going to hurt like hell, but it'll be worth it in the end...hopefully. Or I'll pass out somewhere along the way.
And I have to have a constant awareness about my posture during this time period. I figure while I'm beating my body into submission, that will be another thing to make it learn. GOOD POSTURE GOOD POSTURE GOOD POSTURE!! It's so natural for me to slouch because my chest is so large and I've always been a little embarrassed about it, but I've recently come to terms with it. My chest is large. SO WHAT? The weird old korean men are going to stare at the ladies whether I'm slouched or have the girls up and out where they should be so...I might as well, right? And they're beautiful. Painful (for me) but beautiful. :) I should wear them proudly!
No comments:
Post a Comment