Yesterday I went into to Seoul to meet some new people. It was really nice! We had a late lunch/early dinner at this american style breakfast place called Butterfingers. DELICIOUS. But they give you about the same amount of food as an IHOP's would..and in Korea normally people share. But since we're all fatty American's we got our own plates..and the Koreans, oh how they gawked.
Then we went to coffee.
Then SHOPPING!!! In MyungDong, which is like the big touristy, shopping area in Seoul. It's kind of comparable to 5th Ave, or Fashion Ave in NYC, but there are a lot of cheaper, more affordable things there. So I bought my BIRTHDAY DRESS!!! And a pair of shorts. I might buy another birthday dress, since I'm considering having 2 parties: a rooftop party on Friday night (that way I can invite a ton of people, like students and family members and whatnot) and then a Seoul party on my actual birthday on Saturday that will be for the good crazy new friends only...so I can be a partying fool without judgement!
After shopping, I met some new friends who were friends of the friend I met earlier. I know, confusing stuff. But we went out for drinks and started at a hauf, which is kind of like a restaurant, I think. Then we went DANCING. Amazing, amazing stuff this hiphop club. I went to a techno club a few weeks ago and it wasn't that great. But hiphop, I can do. However...Korean guys are seriously worse than American guys when it comes to the clubs. They have no filter for what's appropriate or not...or they assume because we're foreigners that we have no filter so they can just go for it. No bueno, por favor. But, it was a lot of fun and I'm really glad I went out (and went out with someone other than my coworker!)
I really do value his friendship and whatnot, but I'm glad to be making new friends. Having only one serious friend in the country is kind of tough on the nervous system...(I don't know what that means haha!) but it's not fun. Because unfortunately he has a life outside of me...so I can't hang out with him ALL the time, nor would I want to.
PS: I love when I eat too much and the Korean's stare. I had bibimbap (again...for the 3rd time in 24 hours...!) with mandoo (potstickers) and it was A LOT of food. And THEN I went next door the the Paris Baguette for coffee and ended up getting a pastry thing too...super disappointing though. It looked like a chocolate pastry..but it's not, it's beans. I mean, delicious sweet red beans, but beans none the less!
And SIDENOTE: I love that I can clean my entire apartment, floors, bathroom, kitchen and all in about 30 minutes. It's FAN-tastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment