Sunday, October 16, 2011

:)

Soooo Friday was a randomly emotional day for me (it happens sometimes..don't deny it, we all do it)..and you could probably tell that by my previous I-Hate-Men post. But on Friday night, I went to the BC, a popular western bar here (one I don't particularly enjoy, but a lot of my friends hang out there and drinks are free for ladies on Fridays..so I'm drawn to it since I'm poor!) and I enjoyed a few drinks with Josh and Paul. Then Veanessa shows up in Suwon, so we go out (first for food then for drank...THEN for dancing!) She honestly makes Suwon fun for me and I <3 it and am thankful for her!

We got hit on by this weird kind of cute Korean guy. I gave him my number and then he texted me the rest of the night..half of which was in Korean and I couldn't understand it! But it made me feel good that I got hit on my a Korean man...although he may have been one of those weird Korean man thieving prostitutes my mom was warning me about ;)

On Saturday I ended up going to see my friend. I was a little...hesitant about it because it felt like it could be just a "booty call" kind of hang out and I'm honestly not really down with that. If you want to hang out, we can hang out..if you just want to have sex...go to the red light district, there's one in every city. ..it's what they get paid for anyway. But it ended up being a lot of fun. We went to play some pool then got tacos (which I feel like is a huge feat here in Korea and was really excited for them!) then because it was like storming out we decided to just go hang out and watch a movie in the apartment (which then kind of adds to my suspicions...). But as it turns out, he's a pretty decent, very sweet guy. And we snuggled...which I thoroughly enjoy.

THEN on Sunday, we went into Seoul for a hotdog eating contest! It was a lot of fun! The host was a "famous" comedian, even though no one knew who he was. I've never seen this kind of thing before and it seems really easy, but they move so slow and the most eaten (in 10 minutes) was 20. But most people ate less then 10. Then there was a random free concert with rappers, who only sang about hot dogs...even though they were really thugged out. Then we just kind of hung out in Seoul. People watched, wandered around. Ended up in a chimek (chicken & beer...beer in Korean is Mekju...hence the Chi [chicken] Mek [mekju]) place. We were the only ones in there and right after we ordered, a group of Koreans who had just come back from hiking came in. And they were loud and roudy but they kept apologizing to us and trying to talk to us...even though we didn't understand what they were saying at all. It was really funny! There were about 10 of them and I'm pretty sure they were already drunk when they got there. But not speaking English all they kept saying over and over was "Thank you! Sorry! Thank you!!" We weren't quite sure what they were thanking us for...since it wasn't our bar...but it was entertaining!

So all around..I feel better, though I don't want to teach in the A.M.! I want to sleep. And I'm really excited to sleep in my own bed...this will be the first time since Thursday night. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment