Saturday, October 1, 2011

Tolerance

4 bottles of Maehwasu (DELICIOUS, fruity Korean girl liquor), 1 bottle of Mackoli (rice wine) between 2 people. Equaling 2.5 bottles EACH.

For those of you that know me well..you know that I'm a lightweight...and that 2 beers usually gets me to a happy place.

So therefore...I was plastered, and kind of falling asleep at the table. While my new itty bitty tiny adorable Korean friend was 100% sober. How does that work?? Dang these crazy Korean's and their ridiculously high tolerance.

We also accidentally stumbled into a booking club. A booking club is essentially a legal form of prostitution almost. It's where men and women will go..the men will see a woman/women he likes and will tell the booky who will then go and fetch the girl/girls, and then the girl/girls are essentially bought for the evening. The women don't get paid, but everything is paid for by the men (food, drinks, etc). Sex is optional, so it's kind of like matchmaking house...And foreigners are hot commodities...ESPECIALLY ones shaped like me (i.e. big chest, which is a rare sight here in Korea). We thought it was just like a bar and we walked in and sat down and I think my Korean friend realized it (especially when all the men turned and looked and started whispering to each other "Waygookin!" which means "Foreigner!") and she made some excuse about the music being too loud so we booked it out of there. Hilarious nonsense.

And this is super gross, but I've got those nasty little flies that come with super gross trash! Because I have to BUY special trash bags here and they're ridiculously expensive..like $1 per bag, so I was trying to wait to take the trash out until it was REALLY full. Bahh, disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment