Confused. Sad. Kind of heart broken. Will probably take out my emotions in some wildly unhealthy manner. Wish me luck.
*EDIT*
First unhealthy manner: eating. Went to my favorite restaurant where they know exactly what I want. I also ordered some mandoo too (potstickers) and the lady was super nice and helped me to pronounce it...goon mandoo :) But ate waaay to much, even though for the first time EVER I didn't exactly have a desire to eat.
2. Wasting money on ridiculously wonderful Vera Wang perfume.
Sidenote: Another silly thing about Korea. It's popular for couples to wear matching sweatshirts. And if they match all the way down to their toes it means they're REALLY in love.
SIDEsidenote: I've been harrassed by this crazy cult about three times now. The first and third time, I thought that they needed help with something and then realized that no..it's the God the Mother cult. The first time, they were really aggressive and followed me down the street even though I kept telling them no thank you, I don't speak Korean, I'm busy, I have to meet my friend..etc. So I eventually just stopped and listened...and pretended not to understand what they were saying. They then asked me if I went to church, and I told them yes, I go to that church. And their response (in Korean): "Well, that church isn't feeding you, it's not giving you the necessary life waters that you need because God the Mother isn't in that church." Uhh...thanks. And then they kept trying to get me to follow them, to go to their church because they had English speaking people to talk to me there. And I tried to slowly back away..and when that didn't work, I just stood there and stared at them awkwardly..until they finally gave up. The second group to stop me was literally 10 minutes later, to which I put my hand up and said "no." And kept walking. Then it happened again today! These young girls stopped me and sounded like they needed help with something. And then so I was trying to listen to what they were saying (they were saying numbers at first...so I thought they were asking for directions to an address). And then, one finally says in Engrish, "mmm...Modder God-euh" (translation: "Mother God") And then I got it and smiled and said "No." And walked away. Crazy cults!
*EDITedit*
Unhealthy numero tres: driiiiiinking and staying up until 2:30 in the a.m. with E when I have to get up and go to work at 6:30. You wanna talk about a yoooouch. Feelin it. Was late to work...only 3 minutes. Apologized to my students, told them I was sick (to which one student said "You habbah too much fun!" Which is true.) And then they told me to go to the hospital...apparently Korean's go to the hospital for every minuscule thing here. Just ate a kimbap roll that I may see again in about 10 minutes or so. It is NOT going to be a good morning/first day of a new month. And honestly it's going to be a super amazingly sad/boring month without E at work. The other guy is soooo nice, but it's difficult to have conversations with him. And even if we do have conversations, I can guarantee he won't make me laugh.
HOOOOW DO I LIVE WITHOUT YOU? I want to knoooooooow. How do I breathe without you, if you ever goOooOoo.<---that's a Leanne Rhimes song, by the way. ;) (actually I think it's Leanne Rhimes, but I could be way mistaken! Correct me if I'm wrong!)
No comments:
Post a Comment