Saturday, October 8, 2011

ReCap

Soooo...I'm a little disappointed with the events that transpired on my birthday. It was quite anticlimactic. I had to teach in the morning, then treated myself to a mani/pedi. Then I went (quite randomly) to my friend Jeanie's babies first birthday party. It was CRAZY...straight up looked like a wedding reception...and a NICE wedding reception..the kind only rich people can afford! So that was fun to see.

Next I went to Seoul with my cousins, Amy, Myungun, and Hayon. We had dinner. Then we wandered around looking for somewhere to drink finally settling on a chicken and beer place (please keep in mind that I had eaten buffet at the baby party then dinner..THEN chicken, and beer to boot...). We got a giant pitcher that got me nice and toasty. Then Amy and Myungun headed home and Hayon and I went looking for this random party. We wandered and wandered and finally I got a hold of Dan who told us where to go.

The party was ok. It was in a basement bar but it had a very house party feel to it. We didn't know anyone so it was a little awkward...and we kind of ended up being wall flowers. Met a few people, but nothing extravagant.

THEN Dan calls (because I was supposed to meet up with him and Matt at the party) and says they're not going to go..they're going to Hongdae, which is like on the far other side of Seoul. So I talked to the cousin and she kind of wanted to go home. I didn't trust myself (or the boys) enough to actually go to Hongdae by myself at night to try to find them, while I'm drunk and there's no transportation (other than taxi) to get back to Suwon. So we ended up just going home.

I was a little sad about it. None of my friends came to see me...though a lot of people called to wish me a happy birthday, which was nice. And apparently there was a parade in Suwon that I somehow missed. And a huge fireworks show on the Han river in Seoul that I had no idea about! I wish I had known about those things! They would have made for great birthday fun!

And so today, my friend Veanessa is taking me out to dinner (hopefully) to make up for missing last night. It'll be good to see her, so that should be fun! And Dan/possibly Matt said they were coming to Suwon Si for the day, but I haven't heard from them, so who knows!

This morning at about 8am, E called...annnnd I had no idea who he was. The number (thanks to Skype) was blocked or absent or whatever, so I answered. (And, just to make this make sense, I get these random phone calls sometimes where this Korean person will be on the other line and the call goes something like this: Me: "Hello?" "Hellloooo." "Hello?" "Helllllooooooo." "Nuguayo? (Who is this?)" "Hellllloooooooo." Me:click.) So I answered with the obviously just woken up "hella?" "Hello!" ...awkward silence (because I thought it might be that weird person...) "JENNI?!?" "Yeh (korean for yes)." "Hey!!" "Who is this?" ...awkward pause... "How was your birthday?? Did I wake you??" Please note how he didn't answer the question. And it took me a few seconds of talking to him to realize who was on the other line.

No comments:

Post a Comment